Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I cant help but notice quality of service really sucks more and more with each day. Don't call it service man. It sucks so much to not be called service - call it despotism. I am so pissed that i could write more.

I want to start a spin-off!

A teaser...

I saw Mother slumped over her pine desk with her face in a sodden text. The air rank of whiskey and brandy from the bottles littering Mum and Dad's study. Judging from the number of bottles, I reckoned Mother must have had cleared the whole stock since I was gone. I approached her and laid my quaking hand on her shoulder. The whole situation seemed so strange and unfamiliar. Here mum was in a mess, and Dad was nowhere to be seen, when he would be cuddling her whenever she was not feeling up to standard.

"Mum," I whispered before the books fell onto the floor with several thuds.

My mother's arms were around me in an instant. "Rin!" she called my name, choking on her tears and whiskey. My body froze and remained stubborn to my fears. I feared that in her inebriation, just any of her advanced spells would come loose and erase my existence. She pulled me slightly farther apart from herself and focused her bloodshot eyes onto my alert ones.

"You're scaring me, Mum," I said unconsciously. "Please..."

Before I could finish my plea, she pulled me closer again.

"Rin, I won't hurt you, dear," she comforted. "I know how to control myself around those drinks... But Rin, I'm so sorry; I've tried every spell to stop it happening since..." she sobbed.

"What?"

"Your father's been killed."

I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't believe my mother. He had been the gracious father
to myself, and to Mum the loving husband. I simply sobbed into my mother's robe and let the smell of the alcohol overwhelm me.

When we had both stopped crying and realised that only mother and daughter remained, dependent on each other to forge on with our existence. My father's blood would be paid for in full. I would count on it, on every tool and spell I would use to see that goal to the end.

"Mum," I asked while helping her to her feet,"who did it?"

No comments: