Wednesday, February 24, 2010

remembrance



the death of a marine...
The death of the death of the marine...
Is still death, cold and sad.

Semper fi...
I salute, and play a solemn military march in memory.

I am very moved by Clint Eastwood's Letters from Iwo Jima. I never thought I'd think of IJA conscripts as sympathetic before I watched it. It brought me memories, and hence I doubly cried when I watched Letters from Iwo Jima. Nonetheless... I've been criticised for my sentiments related to the movie... I understand the sadness and the pain of the soldiers... A humble baker, separated from wife and child to go to conflict...

Remember the SMSes from ACS (Independent) and the men who sent them. Morale morale... It was the best lift for morale during those days in camps, I remember. And many fell. What may perhaps be the last legacy of those who gave so much.

I recovered the arrowhead, the brutal arrowhead from that grievous wound.. And I recognised the fletching.

No comments: